Step 1. Read Facebook’s preface for “Hate Speech” in its Community Standards: “We do not allow hate speech on Facebook because it creates an environment of intimidation and exclusion.”
Step 2. Translate that into its logical equivalent: “We hate hate-speech, so we intimidate those who intimidate with hate-speech, and we create an atmosphere of exclusion against hate-speech, because hate-speech creates an atmosphere of exclusion.
Step 3. Read the kinds of Orwellian thought-crimes* outlawed as “hate speech” by the goofy losers who run Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/hate_speech
*A few honorable mentions on the “hate speech” thought-crime section of Facebook’s Community Standards:
(1) N-word allowance.
(2) Discriminate at our discretion.
(3) We allow opinions about immigration (a lie).
(4) Hate speech is a direct attack with violent speech.
(1) N-word allowance. “In some cases, words or terms that might otherwise violate our standards are used self-referentially or in an empowering way.”
Translation; “We’re not banning any aspiring rappers on Facebook, nor any degenerate ghetto talk generally, because we think that black people are genetically predisposed to vulgarity. But if a white loser who is addicted to black bragging quotes the lyrics of their black rap heroes—that is hate-speech.”
(2) Discriminate at our discretion. “People sometimes . . . use gender-exclusive language to control membership in a health or positive support group, such as a breastfeeding group for women only. In all of these cases, we allow the content but expect people to clearly indicate their intent, which helps us better understand why they shared it. Where the intention is unclear, we may remove the content.”
Translation: Discrimination is allowed at our discretion. State your case, and our minders will consider whether to allow your discrimination.
(3) We allow opinions about immigration (a lie). “We do allow criticism of immigration policies and arguments for restricting those policies.”
Translation: Are we not merciful?
(4) Hate speech is a direct attack with violent speech. “We define hate speech as a direct attack on people based on what we call protected characteristics — race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, and serious disease or disability. We define attack as violent or dehumanizing speech.”
Translation: We are insane people who believe—or at least pretend to believe—in the concept of “violent speech.” And we apply our insane belief in “violent speech” as an excuse to thought-police violently impolite ideas.