*Note: All text is from the New Century Version Bible (NCV).
(1) “The husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. . . . As the church yields to Christ, so you wives should yield to your husbands in everything.
(2) “Wives, yield to the authority of your husbands, because this is the right thing to do in the Lord.” Colossians 3:18.
(3) “Women should keep quiet in the church meetings. They are not allowed to speak, but they must yield to this rule as the law says. If they want to learn something, they should ask their own husbands at home. It is shameful for a woman to speak in the church meeting.”
First Corinthians 14:34-35.
(4) “Let a woman learn by listening quietly and being ready to cooperate in everything. But do not allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to listen quietly, [because] the woman was tricked [in the garden of Eden] and became a sinner. But she will be saved through having children if she continues in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.” First Timothy 2:11-12, 14-15.
(5) “You wives should yield to your husbands. Then, if some husbands do not obey God’s teaching, they will be persuaded to believe without anyone’s saying a word to them. They will be persuaded by the way their wives live. Your husbands will see the pure lives you live with your respect for God. It is not fancy hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful. No, your beauty should come from within you—the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit that will never be destroyed and is very precious to God. In this same way the holy women who lived long ago and followed God made themselves beautiful, yielding to their own husbands.” First Peter, 3:1-5.
(6) “The [seductive] words of another man’s wife may seem sweet as honey; they may be as smooth as olive oil. But in the end she will bring you sorrow, causing you pain like a two-edged sword. She is on the way to death; her steps are headed straight to the grave.” Proverbs 5:3-5.
(7) “Don’t let yourself be tricked by [seductive] women; don’t go where she leads you. She has ruined many good men, and many have died because of her. Her house is on the road to death, the road that leads down to the grave.” Proverbs 7:25-7.
(8) “Have nothing to do with the things done in darkness, which are not worth anything. But show that they are wrong. It is shameful even to talk about what those people do in secret. But the light makes all things easy to see.” Ephesians 5:11-13.
(9) “People who love the Lord hate evil.” Psalm 97:10.